« Back to list
September 2016 Meeting Minutes
Sep 11, 2016
- Announcements and introduction of distinguished visitors
Terry Nall, Fran Millar and John Heneghan
- Approval of minutes for August 14, 2016 meeting—Lindsay Ballow
- Presentation and Discussion – Dunwoody tax incentive program—Michael Starling, City of Dunwoody Economic Development Director
Local decisions are made here, they do not seek deals. If we as a city don’t get involved early, we will read later about deals made by other cities, or the county. Private resources involved with the bonds not city. There is also an effort to keep the closing fees local.
- Presentation – High Street – Woody Galloway and Laurel David, The Galloway Law Group, Jeff Lowenberg, GID Development Group
Update of where they are with planning and construction – 1500 condos and 1500 apartments. Condos will be close to 3,000 sq ft. Residential parking will be separated from office/retail parking. Timeframe Phase 1 final design by EOY-16, should be ready to go early 2017
- Request for Sponsorship – Brunch with Santa to benefit Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta – Mari Ann Gallant
Removed from agenda –
- Discussion of Policy resolution on DHA members and board members serving on city boards and commissions.
- Board only session: Votes as needed on any motions including:
- DHA action related to policy changes re: DHA
- Sponsorship request for Brunch with Santa to benefit Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Geri Penn added to Executive Committee to fill opening, vote was 4 to 1.