Share this page:  
« Back to list

News

November 2001 Meeting Minutes
Nov 4, 2001

Rick Jones called the meeting to order at 7:30.

DEKALB ZONING—Bill Grossman

No applications pending. There is a possibility of development around Nirene Circle. Current zoning is R-100. Bill will follow up on this property. He, Joyce, and Chuck met with Bill Grant regarding property at Tilly Mill and Mt. Vernon. They are looking for a place for a park and playground. They would have to find willing buyer who would carve out part of it for a park--might have non-residential use. Buyer would have to be found by end of month. Board indicated a park was a good idea but they would like for property to remain residential.

FULTON ZONING

No report—Don noted on agenda that developer requests 27 units on Peachtree Dunwoody Road. Branches neighborhood want 12 single-family detached homes.

SIGNAGE--Ken Wright

Juvian Cleaners has green, purple signage. He wrote a letter to them, and the answer to his letter did not address colors. Shop has the only lighted sign in Dunwoody Village. He has asked Don to contact Regency.

Sidewalk has been filled in on Chamblee Dunwoody in front of High Cotton.

High Cotton continues to put up banners. Bob Lundsten or Don will contact Regency.

He is still taking down signs on Saturday morning. Phillips 66 had lots of colored flags that were removed.

HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATIONS MEMBERSHIP

David Fowler reported that there would be a committee meeting this month. Mickey Quillian suggested that names of subdivisions with no information be sent to all Board members for information that they might have for contacts.

PERIMETER CID DISTRICT

Rick indicated that the boundary line had been changed as requested at the previous meeting to align with the creek bed behind the Walmart shopping plaza.

BROOK RUN

Nick Nicodemus reported that Ad Hoc committee is functioning. Fran Millar met with the Governor’s Chief of Staff and made an appropriations request for $120,000 for playground in Brook Run—hopes to get this in the budget for next year.

COMMUNICATIONS

Bill Robinson reported that first draft for November would go to Don this week and then to the CRIER.

MEMBERSHIP DRIVE

Sherman Dudley plans to meet with Jerry Ling for discussion on membership drive. Motion was made to spend up to $5,000 for membership drive. It was seconded and motion carried.

NOMINATING COMMITTEE FOR EXEC. BD. MEMBERS

Need a volunteer to chair this committee.

BAND STAND PROPOSAL

Bill Robinson received Board approval last month to approach Regency regarding bandstand. He has not been able to arrange meeting.

NEW BUSINESS

None

Meeting was adjourned.